Thursday, March 20, 2008

Karan Singh has become Karan Grover !!!


But there’s another Karan Grover on TV already! So why this change?



Karan Grover earlier known as Karan Singh, is happy to be a part of a TV soap because he gets to be his mischievous self on Dill Mill Gayye .


“I am a mischievous guy. I think that the reason I enjoy playing this role. I can identify with the role not just as an actor but also as a viewers. I personally would’ve seen the serial even if I wasn’t acting in it. it’s got that young vibe to it,” he says.


Does that mean he is against the saas-bahu serials. “No, I am not. People may not praise these family dramas, but they garner high TRPs. And that’s what matters at the end of the day, right?” he says.


Karan who began his career in the TV industry as Karan Singh, is now known as Karan Grover. What’s this name game?


“It’s pure numerology. In between I was using Karan Singh Grover, but now I have gone back to being Karan Grover. I think it suits me. Plus what’s the wrong in trying out something if it’s not going to cause you any harm,” he says. But does the name cause any confusion considering that there’s already another Karan Grover in the TV industry. “I know Karan. But we don’t look similar or are not in the same soap, so there hasn’t been any trouble as of now,” he says. Karan who was working in the hotel industry says he was bitten by the acting bug and gave up his job to get into this profession.


Karan who started his TV career with Kitni Mast Hain Zindagi , has also done other serials like Kasautii Zindagii Kay and SaharaOne’s Solah Shringar . But despite having worked in dailies Karan is one of the few actors who doesn’t have any complaints about the now famous hectic schedules in the TV industry.


“I used to work in the hotel industry before I took up acting and believe me the schedules over there were as hectic. I have worked at a stretch of 16-17 hours earlier too, so it’s not really a big deal if you know how to manage time,” says the actor.

No comments:

Dill Mil Gayye ChatBox