Sunday, March 2, 2008

All About Karan Singh a.k.a Dr.Armaan From Dmg




Dr. Armaan Mallik Of Dill MiLL Gayye.. (Karan Singh)




22 year old Armaan represents the new age man; one who is self confident, efficient, cheeky and occasionally even smug. He is also extremely handsome and gives the impression of being a skirt chaser. He enjoys female company and makes no bones about the fact that he has a weakening knee effect on women. He is used to being the centre of female attention and also knows how to sustain that attention when he does receive it. Armaan comes from an affluent family and has never wanted for anything materialistic ever in his life. But beneath the suave and confident exterior lies a focussed doctor, whose sole aim is to outgrow the stigma of being the son of an alcoholic anaesthesiologist.

ROLES:


Arnav of Kitni Mast Hai... turns detective..After the end of Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi on MTV, Karan Singh hasn’t been idling away.The actor has been chosen to play one of the leads in Balaji’s new show, Karbon Kopy (Star One). He has also been chosen as the lead in Star Plus’s Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic Bag.


Contemporary look
Says Singh, “I am very excited about Karbon Kopy, as the role is challenging and fun. The show has two guys and one girl; I am a detective and my look is very contemporary. I will be wearing lots of corduroy shirts and denims.”


Fantasy element
About Princess Dollie, Karan says the show’s fantasy element prompted him to take on the role.“My character, Aman, is hired by the bad guy to meet Dollie and seduce her. It is a romantic track opposite Karishma (Randeva). I get a chance to do lots of martial arts and fun action sequences.”

ARMAAN IN DILL MILL GAYYE..!!






Karan Grover, popularly known as Dr. Armaan of Dill Mill Gayye, does not need to act at all. According to him, he gets paid for being himself on the sets.



Does the name Armaan ring a bell in your ears? Of course yes, because Armaan is a name that has always been associated with name, fame, success and a huge fan following. At first, Apurva Agnihotri achieved enormous success playing the role of Armaan Sir in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi. Now, the new Armaan to rock the television world is Karan ‘Dr. Armaan’ Grover who has set all hearts thumping with his looks and charming personality in Star one’s Dill Mill Gayye.
As bubbly and energetic as his character, Karan Grover talks about his character and much more, read on.



How is it playing Dr. Armaan? “It’s been awesome playing Dr. Armaan. I relate a lot to the character I play, so I need not put in much effort. I need to go there, play myself and get back. The best part is that, there is no need for me to act for the role. This is the way I am. The plus is that, I get paid for being myself on the sets.(laughs)”



How is it being a part of a serial, centered on youth? How did you all get on so well? “Yes, all come from different backgrounds, but we connected together so well. We got comfortable with each other in no time. We built up great chemistry and that too very fast. It is a serial for the youth, and about youth. We all understand our roles very well. Moreover, I feel, playing our age, we can relate to our characters better. Our Director Nizar Parvez is also young, so he understands everything so nicely. It’s really good to be working under a young director. To me, it does not seem like work. It is a dream role for me, and I am having fun.”



Is there any difference between Armaan and Karan? “The only difference between Armaan and Karan is that, Armaan is made to wear lots of clothes, while I wear next to nothing.” You have an enormous fan following on our forum. Are you aware of this? “Yes, I am aware of the fan following I have in India-Forums. Actually, my parents who are based at Muscat regularly visit India-Forums, in fact my whole family visits. Whenever they tell me about this fan following, I get thrilled.” So why don’t you login and directly interact with your fans? “Yes, I will surely do that.”, says a jubilant Karan.



How is it working with Mohnish Behl? “I have looked up to his acting as I grew up. It is awesome to work with him, I learn a lot from him. This is one reason why my scenes with him come out so well. It is a great experience, altogether.”



Your Salsa dance with Riddhima was appreciated a lot. “Yes, the Salsa was planned by the creatives. The lovely clothes were designed by our producer’s wife, who is a designer by profession. We had only half an hour’s practice for the Salsa. But it was real fun doing it. I would like to tell you that there is one more dance coming up this week in the show. Since it is Garba season, we are doing a Garba dance; I presume it will be shown sometime this week. We wear complete authentic dresses, please watch this episode, it is going to be entertaining for sure.”
With Salsa and Garba happening, why are we not seeing you in any Dance reality show? “Yes, I and my girl friend Shraddha Nigam were actually invited for this season’s Nach Baliye. But I am so into Dill Mill Gaye, so I could not take it up.” Quickly he adds, “Probably the next time…”
Does it mean wedding bells in the near future? No marriage on cards as of now. We have not even talked to each other about it. (smiles)”, says the actor as he signs off.

LOVE LIFE..




Ask him about his love life and the actor says,


“Right now, work is my first love.”


Karan has been romantically linked with Kitni Mast co-star Barkha Bisht, who played the role of Udita in the show. Is he still dating her? “I am very good friends with her — besides that, there’s nothing special happening,” he says.



Shraddha Nigam seems to have found love again. This time, it’s with actor Karan Singh.
The twosome was spotted together at Hussain and Tina’s belated Nach Baliye party on Tuesday night. Considering neither of them has featured in a show together, their close bonding at the party raised several eyebrows.



Telly viewers will recall that Karan played Sharad in Kasautii Zindagii Kay (Star) and Arnav in Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (MTV).



When asked about the new man in her life, Shraddha says, “Karan is a friend.”Tell her the pictures tell an entirely different story, and she says, “Then let the pictures then do the talking.
I did my best to avoid them. I’ve known Karan for a very brief period. I was introduced to him through common friends.”
In the past, Karan had been in a relationship with telly actress Barkha Bisht. The duo met on Balaji’s MTV show, Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi.



There were even talks of marriage. But things soured and Bisht is now seeing Indraneil Sengupta, co-star of her Star show, Pyaar Ke Do Naam – Ek Raadha Ek Shyaam.
Shraddha, on the other hand, was in a long-term relationship with actor Ninad Kamat, whom she met while still in college at Mithibai. Later, there was buzz about an affair with then Sony boss Tarun Katiyal too..

HOBBIES AND LEISURE..

Its not all fun and games

Even though he has no time for sporting activities, Karan used to look forward to a game of basketball a while ago.


Swimming was another regular pass time. “ I love sports, but my work schedule only allows me time with my Play Station 2,” he jokes. But even that has its advantages. “ It helps me unwind and get my mind of worries
.”

WORKOUT REGIME..!!



Karan prefers to workout six days a week, but occasionally, shooting schedule allows him only four days of working out.
The key to a good exercise, according to Karan, is constant variation in exercise schedule.”I believe in focusing my attention on one muscle at a time.” The actor enthuses, adding,” Concentrating your energy on developing each muscle individually, helps build up muscle mass.”
He reserves Mondays for toning his muscles on his back, and Tuesdays for chest and shoulder exercises. He focuses his attention on arm and leg muscles on Wednesdays and Thursdays.” After an intense workout, I take a break for a day or two.” Says Karan , who says a good night’s sleep does wonders for your body.

HIS HEALTHY BODY NEEDS..



Actor by day,bodybuilder by night:



Pointing out that a healthy body needs a healthy diet, Karan says ,” I include a lot of proteins in my daily food intake. From shake supplements to cereals and chicken, I make sure I get adequate dose of protein.” The actor starts his day with breakfast comprising of cereals, a protein shake and fruit juice.
He usually eats lunch on the sets, but avoids rice. “ I like to work out in the night, from about 11 pm to1 am,” says Karan, who always ends up eating late dinner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, dr armaan mallik (karan singh)
jus want 2 let u know dat ur simply amazin n take my breath away..... u n ridz(shilpa anand) make da most beautiful n cutest couple....... ur hot luv uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karan..

I m really into yr body building now !! ..If u read this ..can u plz tell me .. wats yr workOut time table..!!

Else U simply rock mate !!

Anonymous said...

this guy really sucks!!
he's a bloody motherfucker, son of a bitch................look at his/her wife , like she lives in a brothel, he must be satisfying his/her wife's ass with sharp forks..........
he/she is a shemale............
and listen up he has made his body by taking injections and pills ..
he is a bloody asshole!!!!!
fuck you "karan grover"

Anonymous said...

hey karan i wan u 2 cum back in the show as it is incomplete with out you n i love uuuuuuuuuuu

Dill Mil Gayye ChatBox