Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Karan likes fun & peppy roles




Karan Singh Grover who grew up in Saudi Arabia and Delhi, is a hotel management graduate who found his calling in acting.


“My father always believed in back up plans. And I agreed with him. I worked in the hotel industry for a short while but it was destined that the glamour bug would bite me. I participated in a beauty contest, and won the most popular model tag,” says Karan.


After that, there was no looking back — Karan did ramp shows, advertisements, worked with a popular music channel, even hosted a radio show and then landed a role in a Balaji production.


“Apart from Balaji, I worked with other production houses as well and this gave me a fair exposure to different kinds of roles. Now I am going to play this flamboyant fun doctor and you can say that the character comes close to my personality; except for the fact, that I don’t have a medical degree!,” laughs Karan who feels that every role has an inherent challenge to it, be it a role in a saas-bahu saga or a youth-oriented series.


But Karan does have preferences. “Of course playing a young professional, who is fun and peppy is nice. In these kinds of roles, one thankfully doesn’t have to be melodramatic or go overboard. I like that.”


And though Karan is enjoying his romance with television, he still hasn’t forgotten to keep up a back up plan ready. “I want to do an MBA in marketing. That is a perfect degree to go with my graduation in hotel management and maybe some day, I might want to use that.”

No comments:

Dill Mil Gayye ChatBox