Sunday, March 2, 2008

Interview with Sunaina Gulla (Dr. Anjali)

Interview with Sunaina Gulla (Dr. Anjali)


Sunaina Gulla, who plays the character of Dr. Anjali in "Dill Mill Gayye", is a complete gastronome. So much that she just can't stop when she starts talking about food.


Are you a complete foodie or do you watch what you eat?

I just love to eat. Taste is the main criterion for me, be it any cuisine. If the food is tasty then I don't mind much about the other things. I specially like sea food.


Your favourite cuisine is --- Continental/Oriental/Indian/others.

Thai food. I also love to have Italian and Greek dishes. And Indian, too (laughs). Actually, I love tasty food so there is no particular preference.


What do you prefer --- homemade food or outside food?

I don't like homemade food. So, whenever I find time, I just go out and taste stuff from roadside stalls, restaurants or any other eatery.


Do you like vegetarian or non-vegetarian food?

Of course, non-vegetarian. Although, I do have vegetarian at times, but non-veg is always welcome.

Drink you like along with your food?

I take water, but I can drink Coke with any dish.


Do you take any hard drink? If yes, what are the brands you prefer?

I'm not a regular, but occasionally I prefer wine and beer.


What about junk food?

There is only junk food on my list of favourite dishes. That's because they are all so tasty.


Your favourite fast food eatery?

Monza, I love its Italian cuisine.


Organic aloo or Batata Vada?

(Laughing) Batata Vada (more laughter).


Favourite restaurant/eating place which you think is a must-visit for all and sundry?

There's nothing fixed for me. As I prefer taste more than the food value, I like just about anywhere.


Your take on diet and health food?

I tried those once and ended up with 10 kgs more than what I weigh now. There was much pressure on me to go on a diet. Even then, I used to drink Coke at night when nobody would notice. But I loved having mangoes that time. Now I weigh just 48 kgs, so I don't need to go on a diet.


Which would be that one dish that you will not be able to resist?

Chocolate cakes.


Could you share its recipe with us?

Well, I'm not a great cook as I only prefer to eat. But once, I got the chance to prepare pasta. I can tell you how to make that.



Ingredients:


A pound dried pasta such as Penne, Rigatoni or Fusilli


3 tbsp olive oil


1/2 cup chopped onion


2 cloves of garlic, minced


1/4 cup chopped pancetta or bacon, if pancetta is not available


2 firm, fresh Zucchini, cut into large dices


4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, diced


1 cup dry white wine


Salt and pepper


8 pitted black olives, chopped


1 tbsp capers


1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley


Grated cheese for garnish, if required


Preparation:


Heat oil in a heavy saucepan, add onions and pancetta and cook until onions are tender, for about five minutes. Add garlic and zucchini, and cook until the zucchini is almost tender. Add wine, olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for another minute or two until the cheese melts and a sauce is ready.


Cook the pasta until al dente. Mix together the drained pasta and the zucchini mixture over medium heat for a minute or two. Garnish with chopped parsley. Add grated cheese if desired.

No comments:

Dill Mil Gayye ChatBox