Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mayank Anand As A Anchor



Anchor vs Actor
Anchoring is a different ball game. I had thought that it was piece of cake but it isn’t. As an actor you balance the act with your co-actors. But as an anchor, it’s a solo take. However, it’s exciting to carry the show on your shoulders.

‘Cine Song’
It’s a one-hour show that covers a three-hour film. All the favourite scenes, songs and trivia surrounding the film are presented. The theatre ambience allows you to sit for three hours, but at home you want to view something racy. Here nostalgia is recaptured and memory refreshed. I have always loved Hindi cinema and researching for every show is fun.

Friendship
An ideal friend is one who stands by me, no matter what comes my way. He can tell me, ‘Dude you are wrong!’

Ideal woman
She should be spunky, independent, a go-getter and have her head on her shoulders. More than being pretty, she should be somebody I could sit down and talk to with a glass of wine. I should be able to relate to her on a mental level.

Turn-on
A good conversation is a major turn-on! Also eyes speak a lot. I find the fragrance of Pleasures by Estee Lauder very sensual on a woman.

Romance
I am a die-hard romantic though I would forget birthdays and anniversaries. But any random Tuesday I would surprise my woman by buying her flowers. It’s like saying, ‘I have had a long day but I did think of you.’ No breakfast- in-bed for me, rather it would be an open-air meal. I would love to cook it myself since I am an experimental chef.

Lust
It is a human trait. It means a strong desire for something and it need not only be sexual. I lust for good work!

Books
I can read everything under the sun except self-help books. My top books are Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet and Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights.

Philosophy
Live and let live, and we all will be happy. Don’t judge people. If they are happy doing what they are, let them be.

De-stress
I cook, read, paint or sleep my stress way. I like old-school rock music. But at home I like to have my quiet time and read.

An unknown side
I am very short-tempered. I am a cranky riser and need some time with my newspaper and chai. There is a difference between getting up and waking up.

God
I am not religious. But if my mother asks me to accompany her to the temple, I do so because I don’t like her going alone. Giving God ultimatums like, ‘If You want me to believe in You, then You have to do this for me,’ doesn’t work. My sense of energy is myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought i am reading an essay on myself...this guy is totally like me...pleasures is my signature perfume, i paint, i read and i don like self help books...i bake...and try my own stuff..
WHERE IS HE....i wanna meet u...:)

Dill Mil Gayye ChatBox